Announcement for the next Bernese GNSS Software Introduction Course
The next course will take place between
at the University of Bern, Switzerland.
- If you do not need a visa, your registration is considered definitive.
- If you need a visa: your registration is preliminary (place is on hold) and you need to confirm your participation until one week before the course starts at the latest!
- If you cannot participate in the course for whatever reason, you must inform us accordingly until one week before the course starts. Failing to do so may result in loosing the free participation included in the purchase price of the license and we may have to bill you for the excess course material.
- Course cost: the Bernese license in many cases includes the course cost for one or two participants. The course fee is CHF 1200 per person. Check with us, if in doubt regarding the fee. Travel and accommodation are not included.
- The course is also open to non-Bernese users. Precedence is given to Bernese users. In case you want to participate in view of an eventual purcahse of the license, let us know.
- For any questions regarding the course please contact us.
In the Documents section under the Quick Links to the left, you find necessary information about the course:
- General Info: describing the course, its goals, intended audience, prerquisites and costs.
- Travel and Accommodation: information about travelling to Switzerland, finding the course locale and other information regarding accommodation and useful information for your stay here.
- Visa req. : useful information regarding visa requirements to enter Switzerland.
If you have registered for the course (even preliminary) but you cannot participate for any reason, please do not forget to inform us about this. Failing to do so will lead to the preparation of excess course materials. We may in this case bill you for this material or cancel the course voucher.
This course presupposes a certain level of knowledge in the area of Satellite Geodesy and Least Squares Adjustment. To avoid being overwhelmed by the amount of material covered, we recommend the following (minimal) reading list from the software manual:
- Fundamental concepts of GNSS - Chapter 2, pp 51
- Basics on Least Squares Estimation - Section 7.2, pp 201
- Theory on sequential Least Squares Estimation - Section 9.2, pp 242
- Site Displacement Modeling - Section 10.1, pp 273
- Gedetic Datum Definition - Section 10.2, pp 276
Group photos and other pictures from past courses:
- January, 2019
- June, 2018
- January, 2018
- September, 2017
- January, 2017
- June, 2016
- January, 2016
- August, 2015
- January, 2015
- September, 2014
- January, 2014
- August, 2013
- February, 2013
- September, 2012
- January, 2012
- September, 2011
- January, 2011
- September, 2010
- January, 2010
- June, 2009
- January, 2009
- July, 2008
- January, 2008
- August, 2007
- February, 2007
- September, 2006
- February, 2006
- September, 2005
- March, 2005
- October, 2004
- October, 2003
- March, 2003
- September, 2002
- March, 2002
- August, 2000
If you have any questions regarding the course, any comments or suggestions, please contact us by e-mail.
Postal Address:Universität Bern