The Bernese GNSS Software is a scientific, high-precision, multi-GNSS data
processing software developed at the
Astronomical Institute of
the University of Bern
is, e.g., used by CODE (Center for Orbit Determination in Europe) for its
international (IGS) and European (EUREF/EPN) activities.
The software is in a permanent process of development and improvement.
This website provides information on the features of the software and how to obtain it. Please refer to the support page for information on the tested platforms, bug fixes, and how to reach us for technical support.
The current version the Bernese GNSS Software is "5.2", with the release date of "2016-01-08". To update an older version, please select the appropriate form from the Order page. We also recommend to bring your software to the latest release level following the update procedure.
- Position announcement: Research Assistant to support the multi-GNSS activities at AIUB/CODE (detailed job description).
- 08.02.2016: Shipment of the user manual for version 5.2 has begun. Those who have ordered copies based on the BSWmail with the announcement should receive their copy hopefully within the next 10-15 working days (max). Additional copies can be ordered from email@example.com, the price for the two volumes is CHF 120.- The pdf file containing both volumes continues to be freely downloadable, of course.
- The next Bernese training course is scheduled for June 20-24, 2016.
A new release version 2016-01-08 is available for
Bernese GNSS Software Version 5.2 containing all bugfixes and improvements of
the previous release.
To upgrade your software to the current release, please follow the
instructions in your $X/DOC/README_UPDATE.TXT (%X%\DOC\README_UPDATE.TXT)
using the update utility.
- Documentation of updates of Bernese GNSS Software, Version 5.2 (July 2013):
You are kindly asked to refer the use of the Bernese GNSS Software by
- Dach, R., S. Lutz, P. Walser, P. Fridez (Eds); 2015: Bernese GNSS Software Version 5.2. User manual, Astronomical Institute, Universtiy of Bern, Bern Open Publishing. DOI: 10.7892/boris.72297; ISBN: 978-3-906813-05-9.
Currently, nearly 700 institutions from all over the world are registered
in the user database of the Bernese GNSS Software.
The locations of these institutions are indicated in the map below.